Ask to watch DVD:
Why Is Everyone So Sick?
Dr. Lyn is an expert on environmental toxicity issues and health-related concerns. She is board certified in Family Medicine and Bariatric Medicine.
She has achieved specialized training in Anti-Aging Medicine, Natural Hormone Replacement, and Environmental Toxicity issues relating to the exponential rise in incidence and successful treatment of Autism, Fibromyalgia, ADD, Chronic Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis, Obesity, Anxiety, Depression and Cancer.
As a internationally recognized speaker and published author, Dr. Lyn has testified before the EPA demanding a ban on the “legal” practice of allowing toxic heavy metals to be “recycled” in our fertilizer and food supply. She’s definitely not afraid to tell it like it is.
Dr. Hanshew was born in Yakima, WA. The eldest of five children, she was raised with a heightened sense of responsibility and awareness of health and safety issues. She was a participant in the first Junior Admit Program to Seattle University in 1972, majoring in Biology.
She graduated with Honors from Drake University in Des Moines, IA in 1976 with a B.A. in Biology, and in 1982, graduated with Honors from Drake University with a Master of Arts Degree in Genetics and Microbiology.
During this time, Dr. Hanshew also worked full-time as a research Scientist for Syntex Laboratories in Vaccine research and development. She was then accepted into the University of Washington School of Medicine. She graduated in 1987 with Honors, completing the arduous four-year program in only three years.
She was the recipient of the prestigious Excellence in Physical and Medical Rehabilitation Award as a second year medical student and the Merck Manual Award in recognition of her outstanding academic and clerkship performance in graduating with Honors in only three years.
Dr. Hanshew attended the Swedish Hospital Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program from 1987-1989. She then practiced medicine on the eastside of Seattle for 15 years, and is currently based in South America.
- American Board of Bariatric Medicine 1999 Board-certified Bariatric Medicine
- American Association of Physician Specialists 1997 Board-certified Family Medicine
- Swedish Hospital Medical Center, Seattle, WA 1987 – 89 Family Practice Residency
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1984 – 87 M.D. with Honors
- Drake university, Des Moines, IA 1976 – 82 M.A. Genetics/Microbiology with Honors
- Drake University, Des Moines, IA 1974 – 76 B.A. Biology with Honors
- Seattle University, Seattle, WA 1972 – 74 Biology Major
2002 –2004 - Solo practice at Longevity & Environmental Medicine Clinic, Bellevue, WA.
Treatment of immune-suppression, autism, learning disabilities, and neuron-chemical imbalances due to environmental toxicity. Specialized in Anti-Aging Medicine and Bariatric Medicine with emphasis on Neuro-endocrine, carcinogenic and metabolic abnormalities.
1993 – 2002 - Solo practice at Lakeside Family Medicine, Issaquah, WA.
Specialized treatment of chemical/hormonal imbalances relating to metabolic disorders,
i.e. Obesity, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia and M.S.
1990 – 1992 - Chec Medical Center, Bellevue, WA.
Full-time physician in Family Practice and Urgent Care and Television Spokesperson.
1989 – 1990 - Village Family Medicine, Issaquah, WA.
Full-time physician in Family Medicine.
- 1982 – 1983 College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Des Moines, IA.
Instructor of students in Medical, Podiatric and Nurse Practitioner programs. Responsible for teaching neuro-anatomy, Microbiology laboratory sciences, prepared human neuron-anatomy slides and maintained preserved human brain specimens.
1980 – 1982 - Drake University, Des Moines, IA.
Academic Tutor for the Athletic Department and the physically-disabled students in the Biology Department.
1978 – 1980 - Syntex, Inc., Des Moines, IA
Staff Scientist in research and development of vaccines.
1977 – 1979 - Iowa State Regional Genetics program, Des Moines, IA.
1976 – 1978 - Drake University, Des Moines, IA.
Graduate Assistant responsible for teaching laboratory courses in the Biological Sciences, maintaining equipment, supplies and microbiological cultures.
- Arsenic Poisoning in Children Due to Toxic Timber – Channel 7 Investigative Reports. 2002.
- Report on Viral Illnesses in School Children – Channel 5 Health Report. 2002.
- Report on Leukemia Cluster on Issaquah Plateau – Channel 13. 2002.
- Foreword for Mercury, The Winged Messenger. A Story of Corporate Greed and Political Corruption. Zietzke, Courtney, First Books. Seattle. 2004.
- Assessment of the Obese Patient and Treatment Protocol Selection in My Family Medicine Practice. Journal of Bariatric Medicine. Fall, 1999.
- The Effect of Spermine of Sister Chromatid Exchanges in Human Lymphocytes.
Master’s Thesis, Drake University, 1982.
Go to Dr. Lyn's website to find out about the "Heavy Metal Urine Test" & "Hormone/Thyroid Test Kit".